Friday 17 October 2008

Getting Fiddy Home (2/2)

Monday morning and, having noticed a couple of ads for vehicle recovery during previous prowls, I headed to ebay for some hunting. The place is full of deals and I sent texts off to a few likely contenders. The guy who eventually got the job quoted £390! No, I'm not insane - I queried it and it turned out he'd got the postcode wrong and thought he was going to Sunderland. The corrected price came back at £100 and he even paid for the car up front. While that saved me a trip to London it deprived me of my chance to meet Ed. Hopefully he'll be reading this and keeping an eye on progress.
Arrangements in place, I left work early to meet the car and ended up having the flatbed and Pajero cross my path at some traffic lights. Having to ever so slightly block the road caused some tasty jams up and down our road but within 5 minutes the car was on the drive, cash had changed hands and I owned my first Pajero.

No comments:

Post a Comment