Thursday 19 March 2009

Doctor Fil

After many a long month of inactivity, a sudden rush is about to ensue. No, not narcotically induced, but brought about by some Quantitative Easing. Yes, that’s right, my mortgage repayments have fallen through the floor as my fixed rate came to an end and buckets of readies are now primed to be thrown at Fiddy!
Frustrated by the waiting and endless procrastination that is the National Health Service of my own mechanical drive, at long last, Fiddy’s getting some well deserved prioritisation and is going private. Fils Pajeros in Southampton play the role of BUPA in this rather weak metaphor, and a driver is being dispatched to collect Fiddy at the end of this month. An organ donor has been lined up, blood tests confirm a match and the scalpels are being sharpened as we speak. All being well and good, I’ll be collecting Fiddy towards the end of April. A few weeks on a macrobiotic diet and she’ll be as good as ever she was.
With just over 4 months to go, Fiddy going under the knife in a matter of weeks and ferries booked, documentation is the next item on the agenda. It seems that temporarily importing my step daughter to Albania (country number 9 on our route) needs similar paperwork to importing Fiddy, to prove legal possession. Problem is that there is no V5 equivalent for children. Step son is okay due to being 17, mini me is okay as we share a surname but step daughter is a problem (like any teenage girl). I’ve emailed the Albanian embassy in London to find out how I prove ownership and heard nothing. I’m wondering whether I could photoshop a receipt from LIDL but have no idea what the going rate is. Too much or too little and it won’t be believable. Looks like a trip to the Albanian embassy is on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment